Migrate dropdown / Autocomplete e-mail addresses in MS Outlook 2007
Last Updated 2 years ago
How to Copy the Auto-Complete file from the old computer Outlook 2007
- On your old computer, go to drive:\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
Note: Depending on your file settings, this folder might be hidden.
- Right-click profile name.nk2, and then click Copy.
Tip: You can copy the file to removable media, such as a USB media stick, and then copy the file to the correct location on your new computer. Or you can attach the file to an email message and send the message to yourself. On the new computer, open the attachment in Outlook, and then save it in the correct location.
- On the computer where you want to populate the Auto-Complete List, right-click anywhere in drive:\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook and then click Paste to save profile name.nk2.
- If the Outlook user profile name is different on the computer where you are moving the .nk2 file, you must rename the file with the Outlook user profile name that is being used on the new computer, after you copy the file to the correct folder. For example, if you move Kim Akers.nk2 from the original computer with an Outlook user profile name of Kim Akers, and you copy the Kim Akers.nk2 file to the new computer, you must rename the file with the Outlook profile name that is being used on the new computer.
- When prompted about replacing the existing file, click Yes.
- Open Outlook to view the changes to the Auto-Complete List.
Link to orginal article